9th Grade PE/Health Curriculum
All 9th grade students are required to take physical education. The daily class is year long. meets 3rd period and is taught by Mr. Randy Heimstra and Mrs. Nancy Giorgi. An information handout is provided to each student the first day of class and needs to be signed by the student and parent and returned. The handout is as follows:
9th Grade Physical Education/Health
1. Be on time!
A. 5 minutes to dress out
B. 7 minutes to dress back into street clothes
2. No horseplay in the locker rooms
A. No food or pop in locker rooms
3. Grading Scale – 100 point system – Grade everyday
A. Participation/Effort = 75% of your grade
B. Ability = 25% of your grade
C. 1 mulligan for not suiting out per quarter
1. After that pro-rated scale on points lost – 10, 20, etc…
4. Combination of Fitness, Health and Activity - PE should be fun and challenging.
5. We will fitness test on a regular basis: cardiovascular, muscular strength,
muscular endurance, agility, flexibility, and knowledge.
6. Appropriate Dress
B. Shorts or sweatpants (no cut off jeans)
C. Tennis shoes
D. Bring a sweatshirt (we will be outside)
A. 1-3 days require a note from parent or guardian
B. 4 or more days require a note from a medical professional
C. Make-up work may be required depending on circumstances of absences.
8. Locks and lockers will be issued - please secure your possessions.
A. The school will not be responsible for lost or stolen property.
Pickle Ball Soccer
Floor Hockey Volleyball
Country Dance La Crosse
Pillo-Polo Ultimate Frisbee
Health Social/Folk Dance
Archery Various PE Activities
Please list any medical problems or concerns we need to know about:
Student’s Signature Parent’s/Guardian’s Signature
Home Phone Number Work Phone Number